Standard and specialist home cover

When it comes to home insurance, you’ll often find an exceptional range of cover for homeowners, landlords and tenants – whatever their living situation.
A home and its contents are among the biggest investments you will make in your lifetime, and it’s vital to ensure that these are always protected.

Finding the right home insurance & cover

What is home insurance?

As one of the biggest and most expensive purchases of your life, your home provides your shelter and will be often filled with cherished possessions. Nobody wants to think about their own home and personal items affected by fire, adverse weather, unexpected damage or theft. However, by insuring your home you can stay protected from the unexpected.

No two homes or living situations are the same. Therefore it’s important that you take the time to apply for the correct type of home insurance for an appropriate level of cover. Whether you live in your own home, rent from a landlord or act as a landlord for tenants in your property, your policy requirements will differ from others.

What is Business Insurance?

Business insurance is a great way to protect your business against losses. These can happen as a result of normal business activities or unforeseen circumstances.

Do you have to have home insurance?

Unlike vehicle insurance, it’s not a legal requirement to have any home insurance policy in place. However, without insurance for your property, you run the risk of losing out financially if your home or possessions become damaged or destroyed. If you’re responsible for paying off a mortgage, having a buildings insurance policy will often be a necessary requirement for your lender.

What’s the difference between buildings and contents insurance?

Home insurance generally comes in two main strands: buildings insurance and contents insurance. You can buy these separately or together as a combined premium, focusing on covering the physical structure of the property as well as valuable items inside.

How much does home insurance cost?

The annual cost of insurance will inevitably vary from home to home, person to person, but average costs indicate that policies for combined buildings and contents insurance can range from around £130 – £180 per year. Individual policies will obviously be lower than this, but getting both together in a combined policy can help to make a significant saving.

How to reduce the cost of home insurance?

Improving your home security will help to keep the cost of your premium low. This includes ensuring that external doors and ground floor windows have appropriate locks. Perhaps installing a security system and even joining a Neighbourhood Watch scheme if one is active in your area.

Fitting smoke alarms on each floor and testing regularly will help to lower the cost of your premium. Furthermore, conducting other regular maintenance of the property to avoid potential accidents. In addition, insulating pipes may prevent them from freezing and bursting in the winter, while keeping guttering free of leaves and foliage will keep them from clogging up and prevent causing the risk of flooding.

Options relating to your insurance policy can also affect the cost of your premium. This includes increasing your voluntary excess or choosing to pay the annual premium upfront rather than in monthly instalments. This will come down to a matter of preference for you as to what you feel comfortable with depending on your financial situation.

Different types of home insurance

High Net Worth Insurance

Standard insurance policies will meet the needs of most customers. However, a high net worth policy benefits customers who have particularly valuable assets, such as an expensive home, a collection of fine art, high-end jewelry, yachts, motor vehicles and more.

Residential Park or leisure Home Insurance

Park home insurance designed for park homeowners. Crafted around your needs, covering what matters to you most, and giving you peace of mind.

Non-Standard Construction Insurance

For a specialised situation, a specialised insurance policy is often  required

It can be quite difficult to find affordable cover for homes that a Non-Standard nature. This is where we can help get you the right policy an affordable price.

Unoccupied Property Insurance

There are various reasons why your property does not have occupants for a period of time. Whether you’re going away for a lengthy holiday, waiting for a new tenant to move in or selling your home to a new owner, there may be times when the property is vacant for a while.

Underpinned property insurance

Sometimes known as “subsidence insurance”, this policy designed specifically to address the difficulties that can arise with properties that have previously been underpinned.

Flood Risk Insurance

This type of insurance covers you if you live in a property that is more at risk of flooding.

Multiple Homes Insurance

Specialist cover for landlords that own multiple properties. It allows you to insure all your policies under one policy.

Holiday Home Insurance

If you have a holiday home, whether you live there it rent it out. Holiday home insurance will keep that property protected when you’re not there and if you rent it out.

Other types of home cover:

  • Flat Roof & Thatched Roof Property Insurance
  • Residential Insurance
  • Flat or thatched roof insurance
  • Boiler Emergency Cover
  • Underpinned property
  • Home emergency cover
  • Commercial landlord insurance
  • Listed building insurance
  • Rent guaranteed & legal expenses
  • Unoccupied Property
  • Landlord legal cover
  • Property owner liability

Why cover your home?

It’s important to have protection in place to avoid any substantial losses or expenses.

Home Insurance Quotes

Home insurance quotes can be one or many different types of cover lumped into one policy to make sure you’re covered from all angles.

How much does home insurance cost?

The cost of insurance will vary depending on what type of business you are running. As a result, the level of cover you need will ultimately determine the cost.

Insurance policies come in packages, offering a range of different cover and optional extras. It’s important to remember that the cheapest quote isn’t always the best one. It’s about finding the right cover for you and your home.

To get advice about which insurance is best for your home, please get in touch.

Let’s Get Social

Facebook insurance
Linkedin Insurance
Twitter Insurance
Scroll to top